What Is Black Mold?
When the Premier Fitness building in Louisville, Kentucky sat vacant for years the pool in the facility wasn't maintained. This neglect caused an extreme amount of black mold to form in the entire facility. Our certified crews had the air quality tested and began the remediation process. Everything from the ceilings to the floors had to be removed or cleaned to remove the mold spores. Once the job was complete the air quality testing firm analyzed the air quality to be sure that all of the mold was properly removed so that a new tenant to move into the building.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Southwest Jefferson County immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (502) 933-6005
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Southwest Jefferson County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Valley Station
- Pleasure Ridge Park